|Red Wine : A.O.C Pic St LOUP
- A nose rich in ripe, red berries allied with the lovely quality of tannins.
Our opinion :
- It really brings out the strong character of the soil.
- Ronde et fraîche à la fois, jusque dans sa finale bien présente
- May be drunk immediately, but may also be aged in a cellar 3 to 4 years.
Tasting conditions :
- Recommendes temperature 15°C. Decant 30 minutes before serving.
Grape varieties :
- Syrah , Grenache , Mourvédre
- 14.5% by vol
- Argilo-calcareous, marno-calcareous
Acreaege cultivated :
- 1.5 hectare
- Grapes are hand-picked and
sorted. Everything is done to limit yields and concentrate aromas and
matter in the wine: grapes of approptiate size, removal of green
- Classic vinification
techniques: stipping, no crushing, remontage (the process of pumping
the fermenting grape must over the cap -- the floating layer of grape
skins-- during cuvaison.).
The grape harvest is stripped (removal of the grape stalk) and not crushed.
Separate vinification for the three varieties following the same method.
The obtained must is sent into a fermentation tank at 25°C fot the
Syrah and 30°C for the Grenache and Mourvèdre. The musts are
ventilated by remontage operations twice daily during the fermentation
This cuvaison lasts about 20 days. The "free run wine" is then
separaterd from the solids, or pomace, in a process called "raking" and
the pomace is pressed to release the remaining tannin-rich "press
wine", and the two are blended.
Malolactic fermentation can begin. The wine is then bottled and
clarified. Onr part is matured in oak casks. Blending takes place in
February and bottling occurs after maturinf 12 months.
Cellar Price :
- A bottle sells for 13,00 €, taxes included.
What's in a name ? :
Onésime is a little homage by Jocelyne and Jean-Claude
Thérond to their fathers: Noêl Onésime and Joseph,
respectively. Onésime is aslo a name found in Marcel Pagnol's
literature, which celebrates life in Provence.