PAS DU LOUP
|Red Wine : Appellation Côteaux du Languedoc Pic St LOUP
- Ripe red berries (especially raspberries) and the garrigue.
Our opinion :
- The wine feels like the garrigue (scrubland) in the South of France.
- Derrière la rondeur ses
tanins assurent un bon maintien en bouche mais ne l'empêchent pas
d'être déjà prêt
- May be drunk immediately, but may also be aged in a cellar 3 to 4 years. ans
Tasting conditions :
- Recommended temperature 15°C. Decant 30 minutes before serving.
Grape varieties :
- Syrah , Grenache, Mourvèdre
- 14% by vol
- Limestone gravel from the Hortus montain.
Acreage cultivated :
- 2 hectares
- Grapes are hand-picked and
sorted. Everything is done to limit yields and concentrate aromas and
matter in the wine : grapes of appopriate size, removal af green
- Classic vinification
techniques : stripping, no crushing, remontage (the process of pumping
the fermenting graoe must over the cap -- the floating layer of grape
skins -- during cuvaison)
Thegrape harvest is stripped ( removal of the grape stalk) and not crushed.
Separate vinification for the two varieties fillowing the same method.
the obtained must is sent into a fermentation tank at 25°C fot the
Syrah and 30°C for the Grenacge. The mist are ventiled by remontage
operations twice daily during fermentation phase, then once daily
during the maceration phase.
This cuvaison lasts about 20 days. The "free run wine3 is then
separated from the solids, or pomace, in a process called "raking" and
the pomace id pressed to release the remaining tannin-rich "press
wine", and the two are blended.
Malolactic fermentation can begin. Blending takes place in February.
The wine is aged for 1 year in oak casks, and bottled at the end of
this maturation. .
Cellar price :
- A bottle sells for 8,00 €, taxes included.